As requested, another fantastic recipe from brilliant baker Lucy – a White Chocolate, Citrus Gin and Lemon Curd Blondie! We hope you enjoy baking.
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 275g Plain Flour
- 200g White Chocolate Chips
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 130g Lemon Curd
- 75ml Solway Spirts Citrus Gin Liqueur
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a 9×9 inch square tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together, preferably in a stand mixer, for roughly 4 minutes. It will look like mousse when you know it is done.
- Keep whisking it together while gradually pouring the melted butter into the mixture. Make sure the butter isn’t too hot and remember, do it gradually.
- Once it is all combined, fold in the flour and lemon zest. Then fold in the chocolate chips and gin. Make sure you don’t fold too much or all the air will leave the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and blob over the lemon curd. Use a skewer or thin knife to make swirls in the top of the mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. It may need longer, however, you will know it is done when the blondie only moves slightly in the middle when you give it a little shake. Once baked, leave to cool in the tin.